Responsible gaming and gambling done right?
Why attend the RiG Conference?
There are many conferences where scholars and other experts share the latest insights on problem gambling, its prevalence, and the neurological effects seen in the brains of people with a gambling disorder.
But how do we translate these insights into concrete and specific measures for operators to implement in their day-to-day operations? And what should regulators know and do about it?
While understanding the deeper causes of problem gambling is certainly important, the Responsibility in Gaming Conference will focus on what stakeholders can and should do to create an effective and workable responsible gaming policy.
Responsible gambling expert and conference organizer Pieter Remmers: “Why attend? This conference not only aims to bring together the entire gaming and gambling industry – from lotteries to online casino operators – but is also designed to allow attendees of various backgrounds to exchange insights and learn from each other. Top executives and top researchersin the area of responsible gambling will share their views on how to translate evidence-based research into best practices.”
Who is attending
The event is tailored to provide decision makers in the land-based, online, and lottery industry segments with specific and concrete information to apply responsible gambling principles to their core business operations.
The following speakers have already confirmed their attendance:
- Birgitte Sand, Director of the Danish Gambling Authority (Spillemyndigheden)
- Claire Pinson-Bessonnet, Chairwoman of Gaming Regulators European Forum (GREF)
- Per Jaldung, Chairman of the Board of the European Casino Association (ECA)
- Jesper Kärrbrink, CEO of Mr Green Ltd.
- Philippe Vlaemminck, Managing Partner at Pharumlegal
- Jonathan Parke, founder of Sophro
- Kim Mouridsen, Associate Professor at Aarhus University, Head of Neuroimaging Methods, MINDLab, Founder of Mindway AI
When & where
The Responsibility in Gaming Conference takes place October 23 – 24, 2019in Brussels at Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel (formerly the Conrad Hotel), centrally located at Avenue Louise.
To guarantee minimal out-of-office time, the official program kicks off after lunch on October 23 with a fully packed afternoon program. On October 24, sessions will continue until lunchtime.
Conference organizer Willem van Oort: “Our aim is to bring together C-level and senior management executives, as well as responsible regulators, to stimulate fruitful discussions on the practical, business-relevant aspects of responsible gaming and gambling. We have designed the program in such a way that attendees can travel in the morning, attend the afternoon, evening and next morning sessions and then travel back home, having spent minimal time away from the office.”
Please visit https://www.responsibilityingaming.com/
Who we are
- Pieter Remmers: founder of Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4) and Assissa Consultancy, Secretary General of the European Association for the Study of Gambling (EASG)
- Ynze Remmers: Senior Advisor at Assissa, Lead Auditor at Global Gambling Guidance Group (G4)
- Willem van Oort, gaming consultant, organizer of the Gaming in Holland / Gaming in Spain conferences, publisher of Gaming in Holland Magazine