Published
IndustryResponsible gamblingiGaming

Paf commits to Net-Zero emissions by 2040

This commitment aligns with the Paris Agreement's objective of limiting global warming to 1.5°C.

net zero emissions
Listen To Article

Operator Paf has affirmed its commitment to environmental responsibility by announcing its goal of achieving Net-Zero emissions for its entire business by 2040. 

Validated by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), this commitment aligns with the Paris Agreement's objective of limiting global warming to 1.5°C.

In pursuit of this goal, Paf aims to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 90% by 2040, using 2019 emission levels as a baseline. The remaining 10% of emissions will be addressed through neutralisation and carbon offset measures.

Daniela Johansson, Deputy CEO & Chief Responsibility Officer at Paf, stated: “We are proud to be one of the very first in our industry to set ambitious Net-Zero targets. Having our targets approved by SBTi is an important milestone in our environmental responsibility work. 

“Paf’s Net-Zero goal is an ambitious and important step in the right direction. We hope to inspire other companies to take responsibility for their emissions and contribute to a more sustainable future.”

The company has already obtained approval for its Near-Term targets, aiming to reduce direct emissions (Scope 1 and 2) by 46% by 2030.

To ensure the success of these climate goals, Paf acknowledged the need for broad collaboration. As such, the company intends to work closely with suppliers and partners to integrate climate considerations into every aspect of its business operations.

Anna Ingman, Environmental Specialist at Paf, added: “Reaching Net-Zero is not something you can do alone and it requires a broad collaboration. We will work closely with our suppliers and partners to achieve this goal.”

Premium+ Connections
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium Connections
Consultancy
Executive Profiles
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Metropolitan Gaming
Holland Casino
Nederlandse Loterij
Follow Us

Facing Facts: Q1 2024 analysis from across the globe

Gambling Insider tracks the Q1 results of operators across t...

Taking Stock: A guide to sports betting operator and supplier prices

Gambling Insider tracks sports betting operator and supplier...

Tailor-made: The power of personalisation in the modern gaming industry

With insights from GR8 Tech, Greentube and the Oregon Lotter...

Sportradar and the Taiwan Sports Lottery: More offerings, greater efficiency

Danny Fok, VP of Strategic Projects at Sportradar, speaks al...