2020_2_evoplay.jpg
2020_2_evoplay.jpg
2020_2_evoplay.jpg
CLOSE
× Gambling News In-Depth iGaming Calendar Connections GI Friday Trafficology GI Magazine
GGA 2020 AffiliateCon
NEWS 22 May 2018

Mr Green looks to eSports with latest venture

By Harrison Sayers

Online casino and gaming operator Mr Green has announced the launch of a new eSports focused joint venture with Gamingzone Entertainment.

The joint venture aims to create a new community for eSports growing number of fans by providing them with news, related entertainment, and gaming possibilities.

Both businesses have confirmed that the decision to  enter into the joint venture was primarily due to the rising popularity of eSports and the opportunities available to monetise it through sports betting.

The new joint venture, which has yet to be named, will be 45% owned by the eSports entertainment company Gamingzone, with the other 55% controlled by Mr Green.

Karl Mikael Cakste who is one of the founders of Swedish-based Gamingzone has been “initially” appointed as the ventures CEO, although it’s unclear whether or not he will remain in that role.

Per Norman, CEO of Mr Green explained his thinking behind the new partnership claiming:”eSports is a quickly growing, global phenomena and an increasing number of fans is spending time on gaming as well as different kind of videos.

“Experts believe this can become as huge as traditional sports. We want to be part of this development and create a presence among all its fans. In Gamingzone, we have found a partner who understands eSports, content and entertainment”.

Karl Mikael Cakste, the ventures new CEO and founder of Gamingzone, added:”Entertainment and betting within eSports is still immature. We are convinced that there are interesting and entertaining ways of offering the fans something better than what we have seen so far”, says. “We are happy to partner with Mr Green which is an established, knowledgeable online gaming company that acts responsibly and is long-term.

”Our main ambition is to create a community where eSports fans from the entire world love to spend time. People of the age of 18 and older who wants to bet will in due time be offered that opportunity under just and safe conditions”.

The new eSports community is expected to be launched later this year.

RELATED TAGS: eSports
DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE
2020_1_lightningboxgames.jpg
GI FRIDAY: WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
THE GI HUDDLE PODCAST
NEW! #006 - LISTEN NOW
Gaming Industry Conferences (22:37)
#005 - LISTEN NOW
The role of gambling media (27:11)
#004 - LISTEN NOW
What is the role of a Gambling regulator? (29:09)
#003
The Future of Gambling Sponsorship in Sport (30:50)
ANALYSIS
MUST READ
IN-DEPTH 23 January 2020
A glass half full
READ MORE

PREMIUM CONNECTIONS
Efbet
Systems and Software
We have partnered up with deVRealm in a joint venture for the development of new gambling technology platforms. The primary ...
1xPartners
Affiliate
1xPartners is the innovative and exciting affiliate program offered by 1xBet, one of the world's leading sportsbooks and casinos. Offering ...
Newgioco Group
Systems and Software
Newgioco Group, Inc. (OTCQB:NWGI) is a premier leisure betting technology company providing regulated online and land-based gaming and sports ...
Digital Isle of Man
Legal and Jurisdictions
Digital Isle of Man is responsible for the thriving Digital sector in the Isle of Man, spanning the Island's international ...
ActiveWins
PR and Marketing
ActiveWin has ripped up the rulebook on the traditional agency prototype. Our model is based on performance - as you ...
Global Gaming Awards
Industry Awards
The Global Gaming Awards London recognise the most innovative companies and individuals of the gaming world. The Awards are powered ...
BetConstruct
Systems and Software
BetConstruct is a global award-winning technology and services provider for online and land-based gaming industry. BetConstruct's innovative and proven offerings ...
NSoft
Systems and Software
NSoft is an award - winning internationally recognized software solutions provider for betting industry. The company has more than 200 employees ...
Zimpler
Payments
Zimpler provides a complete In and Out payment solution for online services. That means we take care of identifying the ...
BBIN
Systems and Software
The Leading iGaming Software Supplier in Asia