2020_8_pragmatic.gif
2020_8_pragmatic.gif
2020_8_pragmatic.gif
CLOSE
× Gambling News In-Depth iGaming Calendar Connections GI Friday Trafficology GI Magazine GGA 2020 AffiliateCon
NEWS 16 January 2020

Caesars and VICI agree $50m sale of Harrah’s Reno

By Owain Flanders

Caesars Entertainment and VICI Properties will sell Harrah’s Reno Hotel and Casino to an affiliate of CAI Investments for $50m.

In accordance with the Master Lease Agreement between the two companies, VICI will receive 75% of the fee while Caesars will receive the remaining 25%.

Caesars will continue to operate the property until the end of 2020 through a short-term lease agreement with CAI.

CAI will begin redevelopment of the property into a non-gaming hotel in 2021.

The agreement is subject to the closing of the Eldorado-Caesars merger, regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.

Tony Rodio, CEO of Caesars Entertainment, said: “We recognise the long legacy of Harrah’s in Reno, where the brand began 82 years ago, and our role in the community.

“We are pleased the buyer is committed to the community and supports the redevelopment of this wonderful asset.

“We have worked closely with the buyer to provide a reasonable closure plan that allows our great staff in Reno ample time to secure their next jobs.”

In June last year, VICI also entered into a Non-CPV Master Lease agreement with Eldorado Resorts ahead of its planned merger with Caesars.

Through the $3.2bn deal, VICI acquired Harrah’s New Orleans, Harrah’s Laughlin and Harrah’s Atlantic City.

RELATED TAGS: Land-Based | Industry | Financial | Casino
DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE
2020_01_yggdrasil.jpg
GI FRIDAY: WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
THE GI HUDDLE PODCAST
NEW! #006 - LISTEN NOW
Gaming Industry Conferences (22:37)
#005 - LISTEN NOW
The role of gambling media (27:11)
#004 - LISTEN NOW
What is the role of a Gambling regulator? (29:09)
#003
The Future of Gambling Sponsorship in Sport (30:50)
MUST READ
IN-DEPTH 24 February 2020
Seeing a new side to the industry
READ MORE
PREMIUM CONNECTIONS
Legal and Jurisdictions
Digital Isle of Man
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
BetConstruct
VIEW PROFILE
Industry Awards
Global Gaming Awards
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
NSoft
VIEW PROFILE
PR and Marketing
ActiveWins
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
BBIN
VIEW PROFILE
Affiliate
1xPartners
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
Newgioco Group
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
Efbet
VIEW PROFILE
Payments
Zimpler
VIEW PROFILE