Melco Resorts re-open venues in Cyprus

Cyprus’ Melco Resorts opened its casinos again following a three-month closure due to the coronavirus pandemic. C2 Ayia Napa, C2 Nicosia, C2 Paphos and C2 Limassol, a temporary venue belonging to the group, reopened over the weekend. All the venues are managed by ICR Cyprus Holdings Ltd, a joint venture between Melco, with 75% of the company, and local firm Cyprus Phassouri Ltd with the remaining 25%.

melco

The re-opening of one of the group’s casinos will be delayed, however. C2 Larnaca is preparing to move locations, transferring both the business and staff, and a reopening date isn’t set yet.  

The casinos will resume work under strict requirements, issued by the Minister of Health. There will be a limited number of players at game tables, and every other slot machine will be out of operation. Smoking will be forbidden in the gaming areas, but there will be designated areas. Sanitisation procedures will be implemented as well.

Devi Kerr, vice president of gaming operations, Cyprus Casinos, stated, “The health and safety of guests and colleagues are our top priority. It is our belief that the casinos’ reopening will not only contribute to strengthening the tourism industry, but also the recovery of the local economy.”


Casino News Sponsor
Premium+ Connections
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium Connections
Consultancy
Executive Profiles
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Metropolitan Gaming
Holland Casino
Nederlandse Loterij
Follow Us

Facing Facts: Q1 2024 analysis from across the globe

Gambling Insider tracks the Q1 results of operators across t...

Taking Stock: A guide to sports betting operator and supplier prices

Gambling Insider tracks sports betting operator and supplier...

Tailor-made: The power of personalisation in the modern gaming industry

With insights from GR8 Tech, Greentube and the Oregon Lotter...

Sportradar and the Taiwan Sports Lottery: More offerings, greater efficiency

Danny Fok, VP of Strategic Projects at Sportradar, speaks al...