Published
Land-BasedCasinoLotteryIndustryiGaming

IGT receives approval from SBTi project for its net-zero emissions reduction goals

IGT's goal is to reduce absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030.

igt receives approval
Listen To Article

Science Based Targets project (SBTi) has approved International Game Technology's (IGT) short and long-term science-based targets.

The SBTi also supported the company's goal of achieving net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions throughout the whole value chain by 2050.

Wendy Montgomery, IGT SVP, Marketing, Communications and Sustainability, said: "Receiving this validation from the SBTi represents a milestone achievement for IGT as it reassures our stakeholders that we are committed to reaching net-zero GHG emissions.

"IGT's science-based targets provide us with a clearly defined approach to reducing our GHG emissions and mitigating the impact of climate change, all while ensuring sustainable growth for our business."

IGT aims to reduce absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions by 50% by 2030, starting in 2019. Additionally, the corporation commits to lowering absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions by 30% during the same time period.

IGT pledges to reduce absolute Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions by 90% by 2050 in accordance with its long-term, science-based targets, starting in 2019.

The above is just one example of the CSR achievements that have earned IGT a spot as the only supplier to be nominated for Responsible Business of the Year in this year's Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas

Additionally, the corporation commits to lowering absolute Scope 3 GHG emissions by 90% throughout the same time period. The remaining 10% of emissions would then be minimised by IGT by 2050.

Prior to achieving net-zero emissions, direct emissions reductions will be given top priority and all residual emissions shall be neutralised in accordance with SBTi standards.

The SBTi is a partnership between CDP, the UNGC, the World Resources Institute, the WWF and one of the commitments made by the We Mean Business Coalition.

Meanwhile, IGT just released its Q2 report, which reveals that the business's overall sales went up by 3% on a yearly basis.

Furthermore, it saw its Global Gaming business bring in $373m, a rise of 13% annually and recorded a 38% increase in its PlayDigital brand's earnings, which rose from $43m in 2022 to $59m.

The above is just one example of the CSR achievements that have earned IGT a spot as the only supplier to be nominated for Responsible Business of the Year in this year's Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas.


Casino News Sponsor
Premium+ Connections
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium Connections
Consultancy
Executive Profiles
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Seminole Hard Rock Support Services
Metropolitan Gaming
Holland Casino
Nederlandse Loterij
Follow Us

Facing Facts: Q1 2024 analysis from across the globe

Gambling Insider tracks the Q1 results of operators across t...

Taking Stock: A guide to sports betting operator and supplier prices

Gambling Insider tracks sports betting operator and supplier...

Tailor-made: The power of personalisation in the modern gaming industry

With insights from GR8 Tech, Greentube and the Oregon Lotter...

Sportradar and the Taiwan Sports Lottery: More offerings, greater efficiency

Danny Fok, VP of Strategic Projects at Sportradar, speaks al...