Published
Mergers & AcquisitionsAffiliateFeature

Catena US exec: RotoGrinders acquisition was a good move for Better Collective

Catena Media US General Manager Michael Daly has welcomed "healthy" competition from European affiliates moving into the US market.

Catena Logo

Better Collective recently purchased 60% of RotoGrinders shares for $21m, with a view to acquiring the remaining 40% between 2022 and 2024.

It aims to create the largest US sports betting affiliate in the market – though this is not something Catena is "afraid of," according to Daly.

Instead, Catena, which recently announced its official launch within the state of Pennsylvania, sees the benefits of a more competitive affiliate industry.

"I have great respect for Better Collective deciding to invest in a US affiliate that’s doing well," Daly exclusively tells Gambling Insider.

"We know the RotoGrinders team well; they are a good competitor to us. That major investment is going to help Better Collective grow.

"It’s a good thing for affiliates to have more competition out there; it helps give you a stronger and cleaner business.

"Better Collective made a good move but we are not afraid of the competition. We consider it healthy."

Look out for the full interview with Daly, which will appear in Gambling Insider's dedicated monthly affiliate publication, Trafficology. Read the June edition of Trafficology here

Premium+ Connections
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium
 
Premium Connections
Executive Profiles
Interblock
Caesars Entertainment
Pragmatic Play
Flutter Entertainment

Global Gaming Awards London: Who will win Executive of the year 2023?

Gambling Insider takes a look at the nominations list for 20...

CEO Special: Flutter International CEO Dan Taylor returning to roots

Flutter International CEO Dan Taylor meets Louis Thompsett t...

CEO Special: Light & Wonder Gaming CEO Siobhan Lane - optimising superpowers

Siobhan Lane, Light & Wonder Gaming CEO, speaks to Gambling...

CEO Special: Hoiana Resorts' Steve Wolstenholme – the travel man

Hoiana President & CEO Steve Wolstenholme talks to Gambling...

Read Magazine