2020_8_pragmatic.gif
2020_8_pragmatic.gif
2020_8_pragmatic.gif
CLOSE
× Gambling News In-Depth iGaming Calendar Connections GI Friday Trafficology GI Magazine GGA 2020 AffiliateCon
NEWS 3 November 2017

UltraPlay launches eSports betting cryptocurrency

By Robert Simmons
Online betting provider UltraPlay has announced the launch of a cryptocurrency aimed purely at the eSports betting market.

The eSports cryptocurrency, which is an ERC20 Ethereum-based token known as eGold will first be launched onto eSports betting platform Buff88, which is going to be further developed to offer blockchain-based betting. To fund this development, the company has also announced an initial coin offering (ICO) running from 18 December 2017 until 28 February 2018.

In a statement, UltraPlay’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mario Ovcharov said: “We are very excited to introduce eGold to the eSports and crypto community. Together, we can make it the first-choice payment method for eSports betting.

“Having been at the forefront of the iGaming market for 7 years now, we believe that our ICO investors and participants will increase eGold's value and will support our future developments, based on blockchain.”

Participation in the crowdsale will only occur with ETH currency and will happen through audited Ethereum smart contracts.

Ovcharov added: “We are proud to announce that eGold has engaged WINGS Foundation in order to efficiently price and promote the eGold crowdsale event to the maximum number of participants. We would like to thank our advisers and partners, who greatly contribute with their time, knowledge and enthusiasm to the idea of establishing next-generation betting experience, based on the Blockchain technology.”

A total of 888,888,888 eGold tokens will be minted with 25% of all tokens (222,222,222 eGold) being sold in the eGold token sale and presale. The remaining 75% of tokens will be distributed by the company to various divisions within the eGold & WINGS DAO team and to cover marketing costs.

RELATED TAGS: Financial | Industry | eSports
DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE
2020_7_fsi.gif
GI FRIDAY: WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
THE GI HUDDLE PODCAST
NEW! #006 - LISTEN NOW
Gaming Industry Conferences (22:37)
#005 - LISTEN NOW
The role of gambling media (27:11)
#004 - LISTEN NOW
What is the role of a Gambling regulator? (29:09)
#003
The Future of Gambling Sponsorship in Sport (30:50)
MUST READ
IN-DEPTH 24 February 2020
Seeing a new side to the industry
READ MORE
PREMIUM CONNECTIONS
Systems and Software
Efbet
VIEW PROFILE
PR and Marketing
ActiveWins
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
BBIN
VIEW PROFILE
Affiliate
1xPartners
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
Newgioco Group
VIEW PROFILE
Payments
Zimpler
VIEW PROFILE
Legal and Jurisdictions
Digital Isle of Man
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
BetConstruct
VIEW PROFILE
Industry Awards
Global Gaming Awards
VIEW PROFILE
Systems and Software
NSoft
VIEW PROFILE