Join us on October 19, 2020at the Grand Hyatt Berlin for the first major English-language conference to take an in-depth look at the soon-to-be regulated German online gambling market.
The 2020 Gaming in Germany Conference will be organized in a safe and responsible manner – above and beyond all applicable local anti-Covid-19 measures.
Here are seven more reasons why you can’t afford to miss this event:
- Germanyhas the clear potential to become Europe’s largest and most important online gambling market. Estimates provided by H2 Gambling Capital show that Germany’s online market is expected to reach an impressive €2.7bn in gross win in 2021.
- The German federal states have agreed on a transitional regimefor online operators pending the entry into force of the revised State Gambling Treaty on July 1, 2021. This transitional regime, a somewhat “softer” version of the revised State Gambling Treaty, becomes operational on October 15. Get expert legal advice from Germany’s leading gambling lawyer Jörg Hofmann on your exact responsibilities & obligations.
- The new State Gambling Treaty introduces several restrictions on advertising and marketing, including a prohibition on affiliate marketing that is based on a revenue-sharing model. Local experts will discuss strategies to deal with the constraints of these new advertising regulations.
- The new State Gambling Treaty requires that operators take technical measures to ensure, for instance, that players are unable to log on simultaneously with multiple operators. These provisions ensure thattechnical compliancewith the revised State Gambling Treaty is a major challenge. Learn what to expect & how to cope.
- Every time an online market is regulated, there will be hurdles and challenges – some new and unexpected, others familiar and recognizable. Make sure that you are as well prepared as possible with the IMGL Masterclass“Lessons from abroad” with Birgitte Sand, former Director General of Danish regulator Spillemyndigheden.
- After months of limited face-to-face interaction, meet your fellow iGaming professionals in person. Last week’s Gaming in Holland Conference has shown that, even in times like this,it is still possible to organize a conference in a safe and responsible manner. Additionally, the Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment ensures that all possible public health precautions have been taken to guarantee your safety.
- Join the dialogue. We make use of a special app to facilitate genuine audience participation at the Gaming in Germany Conference. Ask YOUR questions of our speakers and panelists and receive specific and relevant answers.
Please note: if you are forced to cancel your visit due to new German or foreign government-mandated travel restrictions or quarantine measures, your registration fee will be fully refunded.